Emergency Response Systems and Procedures
Emergencies and disasters can occur any time without warning. The more a corporate is prepared for emergency, the better they will be able to act, minimizing panic and confusion when an emergency occurs. The purpose of this training is to help employers develop emergency response plans that will meet the specific needs of their businesses. This program trains learners to plan and implement emergency response systems and procedures, communicating emergency response information; and maintaining emergency response systems.
This course is based on British guidelines and level on knowledge in this course is equivalent to NVQ/RQF level 6.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people with a role which involves planning and implementing emergency response systems and procedures and communicating emergency response information.
After attending the course, the learner will:
- Understand how to develop and implement health and safety emergency response system and procedures
- Be able to develop health and safety emergency response Procedures
- Be able to implement procedures for the control of a health and safety emergency
- Nature and role of emergency response systems and procedures
- Organisation’s emergency response procedures
- Simulated emergency response procedures
- Principles of press releases and media management
- External factors influencing ERP
- Potential sources of an emergency in the organisation
- Provision of first aid, medical facilities and firefighting arrangements
- Developing emergency procedures
- Considerations for developing emergency response procedures
- Keeping record; testing and revision
- Role of external emergency services in ERP
- Plan to implement the emergency response procedures
- Need for emergency preparedness
- Competencies required in ERP
- Communicate the plan to all appropriate people in the organisation
- Emergency Management Communications
- Responding to the requests of the authorities and media