Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control (HIRAC)
Risk assessment is the method used to examine what can cause harm to people in the workplace so that a decision can be made as to whether sufficient controls are in place or additional measures are required. Completing a risk assessment correctly reduces the likelihood of an accident occurring in the workplace. This online training course will help you ensuring that significant hazards have been identified and the risks have been assessed, managing the control of health and safety risks effectively, co-ordinating outcomes, prioritizing risks and reviewing effectiveness as well as making sure that the appropriate risk control measures meet health and safety statutory
requirements and industry best practice and have been implemented effectively
This course is based on British guidelines and level on knowledge in this course is equivalent to NVQ/RQF level 6.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at personnel who have been given the task of carrying out and communicating risk assessments. E.g. Managers, supervisors, safety engineers, safety officers, consultants and business owners.
After attending the course, the learner will:
- Know how to identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Be able to conduct an inspection of the workplace
- Be able to assess risks to health and safety
- Be able to implement risk control measures and safe systems of work in the organisation
- Health and Safety inspections
- Selection and use of appropriate measuring equipment
- Select appropriate risk assessment methods
- Conducting risk assessment
- Prioritising H&S risks
- Examining existing SSoW
- Additional risk controls and resources
- Cost effectiveness of controls
- Implementation of risk controls
- Competence of risk management team
- Factors effecting risk assessments
- Risk control hierarchies
- Maintaining records