Permit to Work System
A permit to work system is a formal written procedure which is designed to give greater control over tasks that involve inherently higher risks. It sets out the precautions required to complete the work safely, based on a risk assessment.
This course will provide the information and the necessary tools that you will need in order to recognise the risks associated with the hazardous jobs, you will learn the procedures to control and minimise risks through work permit system.
This course is based on OSHA guidelines.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who are responsible to request, issue, supervise and follow the PTW e.g. Site managers, project managers, maintenance managers, maintenance personnel, contract managers, HSE and operational staff
After attending the course, the learner will:
- List different types of permits
- Understand the purposes of permit to work systems in particular for high risk activities
- Explain the elements of a confined space entry permit
- Explain the elements of hot work permit
- Explain the elements of lockout tag out permit
- Understand how to use and implement a simple permit to work system provided as part of the training course.
- Why use a PTW
- Benefits of PTW
- Limitations of PTS
- Hot work permits
- Control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout)
- Confined spaces
- PTW samples